Sunday 27 February 2011

what happens to us immediately when we die before our physical resurrection?

I have read yours and John’s view on the soul and life after death and I a question. If minds are not fully separate from our brains and are ultimate hope is resurrection, what happens to us immediately when we die before our physical resurrection? Is some part of us with God prior to the resurrection? Soul sleep? Could you please elaborate on this?

I think after we die and before our Resurrection we exist in the mind and memory of God. I suspect that the next thing we know after our death will be our judgement and resurrection at the end of time: this makes most sense to me both philosophically and in the light of the New Testament. But I could well be wrong about this. (some philosophical wag once wrote that all dead atheists are former atheists, because either they are right, and have ceased to exist, or they are now better informed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment