Sunday 27 February 2011

Can God intervene and help me in a future situation?

I am a little confused on your idea of God’s omniscience, which I think is a very good view, but I am a little confused by it. Does God know or have some idea what I am going to do in the future or does he not know at all? If I ask God to intervene and help me in a future situation, can he do this?

I think God chooses what He wants to know. Suppose for example that all my daughter's emails were on a Server to which I had free access, and I could easily read her emails. I am in a sense omniscient about any email she has received or sent. Nevertheless as a loving father it would only be in wholly exceptional circumstances that I would exercise that power. It's clear to me that, unless God can choose what He knows, He is not Omnipotent, and thus His Omniscience is voluntary rather than "compulsory"

No comments:

Post a Comment