Sunday 11 November 2012

Books to reduce confusion?

I am just so confused right now.There is so much stuff out there and it is hard to distinguish what is true or not.God always came first to me and my whole life so far has been based on Gods words through scripture and Jesus.Now, I have been having doubts and read some books,that I know I should not have. It has had a negative impact on me.

My faith which I thought was stronger then anyone I knew,is now weak.I have based my whole life around him and have talked til I was blue in the face to non believers about him.I have read a few books that I thought would straighten me out and it seems it lasts only for a few days.Then I am back to believing more like a atheist.Sorry to bother you with my problems.I am just trying to get back to where I was.

Response: Don’t worry. God is still there and still loves you!  Humility is a good thing.

If you have been unsettled by silly people like Dawkins and Harris then don’t worry at all – their arguments are completely bogus.  We deal with some of them in Questions of Truth.

But it’s not just a question of argument and reason – it would be good to hang out with some fellow-believers who understood your concerns.  (and if you haven’t already done so, you might want to read/re-read The Screwtape Letters.


No comments:

Post a Comment